Personal Information Collection: What we collect
The chart below lists the categories of personal information that we may collect from or about you through the MGS Services:
Categories of personal information we collect and how we collect it
Identifiers. This may include a real name, alias, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, driver’s license number, online identifier, IP address, account username and password, job title, or other similar identifiers.
Internet and network information. This may include cookies, information about your interaction with a website, application, service or advertisement, such as browsing history and how you use your account.
Device information. This may include the operating system of your device, device identifier, the type of device you are using, or your geolocation information.
Order information. This may include information about what you order, shipping, delivery, returns, product complaints, or warranties.
Payment and credit information. This may include your credit or debit card information, banking information, information about your payment transaction, or other financial information you provide us.
Other information you submit to us. This may include requests or communications you submit to us, including emails, ratings, or customer service call recording.
Research or survey information. This may include survey results, social media data, and other information about your participation in customer research.
Inferences we draw about you. This may include information about your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, or other trends that help us identify which products you may be interested in.
We may also collect, use and share non-personal information. We may use or share information that we have collected that has been de-identified or anonymized so that it does not personally identify you.
Sources of information
We collect information from or about you through the following methods:
• When you provide information to us voluntarily, through the Online Services, including by filling out forms, registering for an account, purchasing our products or services, signing up for marketing communications, requesting information about our products or services, or any other data entry method in the Online Services;
• When you register for or attend a virtual or “offline” event;
• When you visit our offices, including to identify you as a visitor and allow you access to restricted areas;
• When you provide us information through a survey, contest, or promotion, or through other marketing research or initiatives;
• When you interact with us on social media, or with our advertisements online;
• When you communicate with us, including through email, chat, or other online or offline methods, including for customer service or providing feedback; and
We also collect information about you from the following sources:
• Our service providers;
• Publicly available and governmental records, including social media networks, websites, blogs, and forums;
• Other users of the MGS Services; and
• Marketing partners and other third parties.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect from or about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with the MGS Service, including to confirm, complete, and service any transactions with you;
• To interact with you, including through email, customer support, and contact requests, or to resolve problems and disputes;
• To send you marketing communications about our products, events, and promotions, including through newsletters, social media, and other channels
• To comply with or enforce our legal obligations or rights, including to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or lawful requests
• To ensure the security and availability of MGS Services, and to enforce our terms;
• Developing, improving, and measuring the effectiveness of the MGS Services and our marketing efforts;
• To improve our user experience;
• To provide certain advertisements and content, both on and off our Websites, in some cases based on your preferences or interests;
• To facilitate payments;
• To fulfill any purpose for which you provided it;
• In any other way that we provide notice of or where you have provided your consent.
Who we share your information with
We may share information about you with the following categories of individuals and entities or in the following scenarios:
• With our service providers and subcontractors, who perform services on our behalf to operate our business and the MGS Services, including service providers that help us to run our Websites and Online Services, process payments, communicate or market to or with you, secure the MGS Services, and analyze the MGS Services;
• With a buyer, successor in interest, or any other party involved in a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of all or some of the Company’s assets, equity or business or any similar transaction, or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding, as well as advisors, lawyers, accountants and other third parties that may assist in the negotiation, review, and consummation of any such transaction or proceeding;
• When we believe it is necessary to enforce or apply this Policy or any other agreement, to protect the rights, property, or safety of MGS or its employees, users, or others;
• When the information has been aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified. In these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to personally identify you;
• When you direct us to share your information with a third party, or otherwise provide your consent to share your information;
• For any other reason that we have properly notified you about at the time we collect the information; and
• Where we are required to do so by law, including as the result of a court order, legal process, subpoena, or other lawful request, or where we otherwise have a legal obligation to do so.
When we provide personal information to our service providers, we require such service providers to handle the personal data solely in the manner described in our agreement with them, and in accordance with applicable laws.
Automated and Third-Party Data Collection
Automated Information Collection
Like most companies, we (and our service providers and certain third parties) collect information about you automatically, including when you interact with MGS Services. We collect this information through a variety of technologies, which we explain below:
• Cookies – A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser when you access a website. There are two types of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is available and exists only during the course of the browser session. Closing the browser or logging off will invalidate the session cookie. Persistent cookies, similar to their name, last for a longer period of time, from hours, days, or weeks, and remain on your hard drive (or other storage medium) and record or disclose information about you and your interactions with websites and services. For example, cookies are used to retrieve information that you have previously entered (to allow you not to have to re-enter it), analyze the usage of a website, or track users across websites or services. You can often decide whether and what types of cookies you are willing to accept through your browser’s settings or through third party products that may manage, disclose, or block cookies, like browser plugin-ins or other software.
• Web beacons (also known as pixels, internet tags, or clear gifs) – These are tiny graphics on a web page (or in an email) that are used to track pages, viewed, messages opened, or other information. They can provide certain information, including IP address and browser type, or other information about interactions with a website or service.
MGS also collects information automatically about you through logging that is standard on websites. Typically, website logs include your IP address, device type, browser type, access time, and the URL where you came from or where you are going.
Third Party Data Collection and Opt-Outs
Certain service providers and third parties collect information about you when you are interacting with the MGS Services, including through the automated methods described above. Because we value your privacy, we want to be transparent about this data collection, provide you further information, and in some cases provide you methods to opt-out of or control this data collection.
Google Analytics. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics to gather statistics from our Websites and Online Services. Google Analytics uses a browser cookie for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on our Websites and Online Services. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your browser or download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics.
Social Media and Ads. MGS’s Websites and Online Services also include functionality, cookies and other automated data collection from Facebook and LinkedIn. The cookies and other data collection by LinkedIn and Facebook allow us to place ads on certain social media websites, measure your engagement with those ads, tailor ads to you, measure your ad conversion, and provide us information about your interactions with us on social media.
With respect to LinkedIn, we use the LinkedIn Insights Tag to retarget our website visitors and learn insights about your interactions with our LinkedIn advertisements. You can learn about LinkedIn’s privacy practices at www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy, and you can opt out of LinkedIn Insights Tag at www.linkedin.com/psettings/.
With respect to Facebook, we use Facebook Pixel to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions you may take on our website. Facebook Pixel assists us in customizing our advertising and serving you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. You can learn about Facebook’s privacy practices at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/, and you can opt out of the collection of your data by Facebook Pixel or the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by visiting www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads (you will need to log into your Facebook account).
We also use a cookie from Twitter that allow certain social media functionality from Twitter on our webpage. To learn more, please visit: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies.
Other Methods to Opt-Out
To learn more about or opt out of third-party data collection on the Internet, generally, MGS recommends you visit the following websites.
Digital Adverting Alliance Consumer Choice Tool. Visit https://optout.aboutads.info/ to opt-out of ads from companies that participate in the DAA.
Network Advertising Initiative. Visit http://optout.networadvertising.org/ to opt-out of certain interest-based advertising from participating NAI members.
Please note that when you opt-out at the websites above, and in general, the opt-out is effective only for the device that you use to opt-out. It will not prevent data collection or targeted ads for other devices that you use – you will need to opt-out on each device. Additionally, certain opt-outs require that a cookie be placed on your device to record your preference.
At this time, we do not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser.
Certain privacy laws, including those in Nevada and California, require that we disclose whether we sell your personal information to any third parties. These laws may differ in the definition of what constitutes “selling” personal information. Nevertheless, MGS is happy to disclose that:
• MGS does not sell your personal information to any third party for monetary consideration.
Your rights and choices
• Depending on your location and applicable law, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights may include the right to access personal information that MGS has about you, the right to request that MGS delete personal information about you, and the right to correct any errors in any personal information MGS maintains about you.
• If you do not wish to receive further non-transactional, marketing emails from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such emails or contacting us using the methods described below.
• You may correct or update information that we collect about you by contacting us.
• If you make a request as described above (except with respect to e-mail opt-outs), we will verify your identity before honoring any such request, which may involve asking you to provide or confirm certain information about yourself. We engage in verification where required by law, or where we believe it is necessary to protect your privacy and prevent fraud or impersonation. In certain circumstances, you may also be able to make a request through your agent; any such request may also involve a verification process.
• You can opt-out of or control certain data collection through the MGS Services, including automated data collection, as described above in the section titled “Automated and Third Party Data Collection.” You can also control what data is collected about you by limiting the information that you provide to MGS, taking advantage of settings within your web browser or device that relate to privacy, or using software or other services or websites that help to protect your privacy or inform you about data collection practices.
• The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. The Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal data without your consent, contact us.
• The privacy, safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your information confidential and secure, and we encourage you to always use good cybersecurity and privacy hygiene.
• To help protect the privacy of data we collect through the Services, we employ measures designed to protect your personal information. However, you should keep in mind that the Services are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems, or be attacked by third parties. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to or through the MGS Services.
• Data will be retained for a timeframe based on usage needs.
• MGS is based in the United States. To provide the MGS Services, we or our service providers may process personal information in the United States, or in other locales across the globe. If you are not a resident of the U.S., you hereby consent and agree that we (and our service providers) may collect, process, use, transfer, and store your information, as discussed in this policy, outside your resident jurisdiction. Please be aware that United States law and the laws of other countries where we may store and process your information may offer different levels of protection for information than may be available in your country, and some of these locales may have been deemed to offer inadequate protection under certain laws.
How to contact us
Our Contact Information:
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 262.255.5790
• Mail: W188 N11707 Maple Road, Germantown, WI 53022
Please note: you also have the right to make a complaint directly to the applicable data protection or other regulatory agency if you believe your privacy rights have not been respected.